Little by little, I try to remove chemicals from my daily routine. Weather it be in my food or in my toiletries. This was one of the bigger changes that I’ve made: Aluminum free deodorant! Please believe there was much hesitation in this decision. I’m not one of those people who never breaks a sweat. I sweat like a full grown adult and perspire with the best of them. So much so, that I used Certain Dri for a while. I say this to get across the effectiveness of this product. Let’s start.
|A shot of the texture|
My fave scent of this deodorant is the lavender vanilla. They all include vanilla of course, but also come in coconut, grapefruit, and plain vanilla. This is the one that works best for my nose and body chemistry, but that personal feeling can vary for you.
- It has a soft, powdery consistency that is familiar from using brands like secret and degree. I loved this compared to other brands I’ve tried (Tom’s and Earth Science) that have a texture that’s a bit gel-like or tacky.
- The scent is pleasant and does not end up making you smell funny when mixed with your natural odor.
- It lasts a while. I say about 3-4 months, depending on application. I can’t quite recall how long my drugstore brands lasted though.
- Doesn’t sting. You can use this deodorant directly after shaving without suffering any stinging or burning.
- It’s 100% natural. This deodorant contains no – Parabens- Sulfates – Synthetic Dyes – Petro-Chemicals – Phthalates.
- It’s expensive. As much as I love this stuff, its not cheap at $18.
- It’s not widely available. The only place I know of to get the stuff on the ground is Sephora.
- It takes time to adjust. This goes for any natural deodorant if you are transitioning from the typical aluminum containing brands. It takes about a week or so for your body to stop perspiring as much as it did before. I found that once I adjusted, I wasn’t as heavy a sweater as I thought I was. Your body adjusts to not having the aluminum shrinking your pores/glands, and perspires as you would naturally, without chemicals.
In all, I highly recommend this brand if you are looking for a natural way to stop perspiration. It’s expensive and takes some time to get used to, but I think its well worth it.