So I received my special Cynthia Rowley edition Birchbox. This was my very first box, and I actually signed up before the Cynthia Rowley collaboration was announced. Overall, I found the Items in my box usefull/useable, but I’ll let a couple of months go by before I determine weather or not the $10/mo. subscription is worth it. For now, I think it will be a welcome ray of sunshine that pops up on my desk every 30 days or so.
What was in my box:
1. Philosophy purity made simple facial cleanser – I’ve been using Dermalogica religiously, but I’ll give this cleanser a shot. It’s pH balanced and said to be gentle, which are qualities that I like to look for in a cleanser.
2. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi – usage Dry Oil – This oil can be applied to nails, hair, body and face for a “pretty glow”. I don’t know about putting this stuff on my face in the summer, but I like it for my nails so far.
3. Redken Shine Flash 02 – This is a lightweight shine spray for the hair. I haven’t tried this yet as I’m not sure it will be effective on my hair texture.
4. Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Pandora – I did a swatch of this polish and I really liked it. It’s an opaque, slightly shimmery color that is the perfect neutral for my brown skin. It doesn’t give me “Mannequin hands” but I don’t know how that would really look on my skin tone anyway. I’m eager to do a mani with this on all nails.
5. As an extra, they threw in a KIND Almond & Apricot bar. I had heard of this brand before, but this was my first time having one. I must say that It was a great tasting snack, and I’ll be trying other flavors of this.
I already can’t wait for next month. I’m so impatient. I’ll be using all of these products to see if I can find a new must have for my beauty arsenal. Don’t forget to sign up at Birchbox.com so that you can be in on the fun next month.